Part 1: Getting Canadian Employers Interested in You
In this chapter, we’re going to show you, step-by-step how to:
- Get Noticed by Employers.
- Attract the attention of an employer by assuring them that you meet the requirements for their open position.
- Overcome usual objections that Canadian Employer (naturally) have towards the complexities of Hiring Overseas Workers
So, how do you really get Noticed by Canadian Employers? Can you really diversify yourself from the vast pool of other overseas Candidates applying for the same vacancy?
(We think that you can, but first things first)
- Make sure you prepare a professional Resume & Cover Letter, that will focus on your details skills, credentials, and abilities that are relevant to the next rung of your career ladder
- Your Resume (as we call it in Canada) is the most important asset in getting the Attention of Canadian Hiring Managers. It acts as a “Silent Salesman” for a job applicant, giving insight into the candidate’s unique abilities.
- A poorly constructed resume or one that doesn’t place the proper focus on your abilities can very easily get you disqualified by The Canadian Hiring Managers.
- The professional resume attracts the attention of an employer by assuring them that you meet the requirements for their open position. It’s one of the most important tools in your job search.