Categories of Occupations Generally Requiring LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)

High-Skilled Occupations: Requests to hire skilled foreign workers (i.e., in high-skilled occupations) usually require an LMIA, but as previously noted, some categories of work do not require an LMIA.

Lower-Skilled Occupations: Requests to hire foreign workers in occupations that usually require at most a high school diploma or job-specific training will likely require an LMIA.
Seasonal Agricultural Workers: Requests to hire seasonal agricultural workers from any foreign country will require an LMIA

Live-in Caregivers: Requests to hire live-in caregivers (i.e., under the Live-in Caregiver Program) will require an LMIA.

Next up: Does your Job Offer require a LMIA?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18