Apart from being the popular holiday destination, Australia is one of the preferred choices of the countries to migrate. As one of the strongest economies of the world with a vast geographical size and a relatively low population, it is the perfect place with a huge capacity to absorb the new migrant population.
Australia offers a lot of opportunities along with the alignment of the government policies which encourages and welcomes a lot of skilled and business migrants to the country. An acute shortage of the skilled labor in Australia further enhances the chances of migrants looking to explore and settle in Australia.
Important facts about Australia that one should know
- The Australian population is just over 22 million and it is a truly multicultural society which offers great quality of life, excellent infrastructure, and stunning landscape beauty.
- Australia is the 12th largest economy in the world and it ranks 2nd on HDI across the world.
- The Australian economy is one of the strongest and fast-growing and it is among the few of the world economies which was least affected by Global Financial Crisis.
- The official language of Australia is English and Australian currency is the Australian dollar (AUD).
- Australia is a sport oriented country and there are several popular sports played and followed here including the cricket, hockey, soccer, rugby league, rugby union, swimming, and tennis among others.
- Australia is known for a world-class education system with several top universities in the world.
- One of the best things about the country is its favorable climate, clean and pristine beaches and amazing scenic beauty which makes it a perfect destination for vacations as well.
Advantages of migrating to Australia
- Excellent career opportunities: Australia’s strong economy has been unaffected by the global financial crisis with great future prospects. Also, the country’s low unemployment rate and a shortage of the skilled labor in many professional and trade occupations provide an excellent career opportunity for migrants to come to Australia on long-term work visas.
Statistics show that the once settled, most of the migrant population decides to stay on in Australia through the permanent employer sponsored visa options because of the long term benefits country offers. The sectors with many job opportunities in Australia include tourism, farming, mining, horticultural, viticulture, service and health care industry. New migrants and their dependants enjoy the unlimited work rights in Australia in most of these work categories.
- Quality of life: Australia offer a high standard of living to the citizens and migrant population from housing options to public transport, excellent Medicare system, education and much more
- Hassle free immigration system: The Australian immigration policies are non-discriminatory, and hassle-free with all the applicants having to meet the same selection criteria. The permanent migrants enjoy the benefit of applying for the citizenship if they meet the citizenship criteria at the time of application.
Apart from this, Australia offers many social security benefits to the permanent residents and citizens of the country such as subsidized or free education, several government services, healthcare coverage etc. Migrant population in Australia enjoy the equal rights as the Australian citizens including the democratic rights, financial security, equal opportunity, freedom to explore the country, and a relaxed lifestyle.
- World-class Education system: Australia offers a world class education system with unlimited opportunities for all age groups and levels of ability. Migrants can be assured of the future of their children in Australia.
- Security: Australia is one of the countries with lowest crime rate compared with many parts of the world and which makes Australia a safe place and community to live and raise a family.
The diverse cultures, unlimited opportunities, perfect climate, breathtaking landscapes and the high quality of life are some of the reasons which make Australia the ideal place to migrate.