There was a provincial draw on July 5th in Manitoba’s Immigration program where a letter of advice to apply was issued to a total of 258 out of 354 applicants under the Skilled Workers Overseas category. A total of 203 LAAs were given out under the Human Capital Pathway, a subcategory under Skilled Workers Overseas. Another 45 were issued through a different program known as Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
The minimum point requirements under the HCP was 594. However, it was necessary for them to fulfill the following conditions.
- It was a must to possess a verifiable Express entry Identification number and have a job seeker code. Also, they must have a minimum of six months experience in the In-demand Occupations list for Manitoba.
- If the applicants could not meet the first condition, they can be considered if:
- They have a relative living in Manitoba or having gone through the education system in Manitoba or having worked in Manitoba.
- Must have at least six months experience of working in Manitoba under the in-demand occupation.
- Have met the language conditions
- The SRI applicants must have a total of 619 points. These usually are invited to meet labor market requirements.
Out of the balance of LAAs given out, a total of 85 were allocated to Manitoba’s skilled workers’ applicants who need at least 565 points. The other 21 were given out through a different program known as the Internation Education Stream.
Out of the 354 applicants, 91 had verifiable Express Entry IDs and validation codes for job seeker.
Important points about the Manitoba Draw
- It is the 69th draw since the MPNP was started.
- The last draw issued a total of 450 LAAs to candidates.
- The draw held on June 20th emphasized the Skilled Workers Overseas category. Here, 288 LAAs were issued under Human Capital Pathway Applicants, and this required at least 519 points.
- Also, the other 35 LAAs were issued through the SRI program, and here the minimum points needed were 704.
- Also, there were a total of 101 LAAS which were issued under the Skilled Workers category in Manitoba that needed 475 points.
- The rest 26 LAAs were issued through the category International Education Stream.
Manitoba notes that out of the 450 LAAs issued to applicants, 133 went to those who have a verifiable Express Entry ID and also a job seeker validation code.