The UK is, most definitely, the highly popular immigration destinations for a lot of people wishing to live and work in a new country. However, the UK’s immigration system is strongly guarded and takes a lot of factors into consideration.
The UK’s visa system
In the recent years, the UK introduced a five-tier, points-based visa system which measures and assess applicants against various criteria to ascertain the eligibility for a UK work or study visa. After the implementation of this system, most study visa and the work-related visa applications are governed by this visa system. Also, the UK government has made a lot of changes to UK immigration law in order to guard the UK immigration process in light of strained political environment.
Details of the 5 Tier UK Visa Systems
The UK five-tier visa systems consist of the following types-
- Tier 1 Visa: Mainly for the high-value migrants and the category covers the entry of entrepreneurs, investors, and business people in the UK.
- Tier 2 Visa: Category is catered mainly to the skilled workers with a job offer in the UK.
- Tier 3 Visa: Mainly for the low-skilled workers filling specific temporary labor shortages in the UK.
- Tier 4 Visa: This category is largely for the students aged over 16 from who wish to study in the UK.
- Tier 5 Visa: The category is for a range of temporary worker including charity, religious workers, creative, and the youth mobility scheme related people.