In its latest PNP draw held on June 3, 2020, Ontario sent out 699 Notification of Interest to Express Entry candidates with work experience in nine different occupations. The exercise was conducted under Ontario’s Immigrant Nominee Program [OINP] to invite immigration candidates who may be eligible for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP).
Candidates in one of the nine occupations were specifically targeted in the latest draw under the OINP. In this invitation round, the targeted candidates that received a Notification of Interest (NOI) had relevant work experience in any of the 9 National Occupational Classification [NOC] Codes listed below;
- NOC Code 0111—Financial Managers
- NOC Code 1111—Financial Auditors & Accountants.
- NOC Code 1112—Professional Occupation in Business Management Consulting
- NOC Code 0114—Other Administrative Services managers.
- NOC Code 1114—Other Financial Officers.
- NOC Code 0124—Advertising, Marketing, & Public Relations (PR) Managers.
- NOC Code 3012—Registered Nurses & Registered Psychiatric Nurses.
- NOC Code 3124—Allied Primary Health Practitioners, and,
- NOC Code 3132—Dietitians and Nutritionists.
It’s important to note that, under this draw, the threshold for Express Entry candidates with only foreign work experience was a CRS score of between 471 and 500. On the other hand, Express Entry candidates with at least one year of work experience in the country were required to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of between 358 and 439 for them to receive the Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario.
Apart from this, in order for the candidates to qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities [HCP] Stream, they were required to have profiles in the federal Express Entry system and have met the minimum requirements of either the Canadian Express Class (CEC) or the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).