Steps to get invitation by Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream:
- Expression of Interest
- Invitation to Apply
- Attend Face-to-face interview and Business Performance Agreement
- Possess a Work Permit and Business Establishment in Nova Scotia
- Request for Nomination
- Fill in the application for Permanent Residence
Requisite for Candidates for Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream
- Must be of Age 21 or above
- Desire to live permanently in Nova Scotia as an Entrepreneur of a business
- The worth of the business should not be less than $600,000
- Basic investment of the business should not be less than $150,000
- At least 3 years of experience of governing an owned commercial firm (minimum 33% ownership) OR above 5 years of experience as Senior Business Manager or above hierarchy.
- Attain at least 5 points to meet the Canadian Language Benchmark in listening, speaking, reading and writing in English or French.
The eighth draw under the stream, invited 12 candidates altogether. On May 21, 2018, Nova Scotia conducted another draw under International Graduate Entrepreneur which fetched two candidates with 60 points.
Likewise, International Graduate Entrepreneur stream targets graduates from the Nova Scotia Community College or a Nova Scotia university. Only those graduates are eligible who have purchased a business or started a new business which they have been operating for the last one year and are a post-graduate on work permit. Such candidates are considered for permanent residency if they wish to reside permanently in the province. This stream is based on Expression of Interest format which is similar to the Entrepreneur stream.