Looking to enter Canada during this terrible Corona Virus pandemic? It may be more possible than you think. In fact, the Canadian government is working around the clock to make it possible for residents that have applied for work, school and residency. Here are a few details you should know if you fit in this category:

Note: Please keep in mind that the airlines have the authority to accept or deny any person attempting to arrive in Canada despite the rules that Canada is putting in place to make it possible for residents to enter.

Great News for International Students and Foreign Workers

If you were planning on coming to Canada for work or school, or if you had been studying in Canada previously and were planning to enter again before the Corona virus pandemic, then you are going to be happy at what the Canadian government is doing to try and enable you to enter again. For example, if you hold either of these permits, you will probably be able to get back into Canada without a problem:

  • Canadian study permit and already enrolled or accepted at a Designated Educational Institution (DEI) before the travel restriction was implemented
  • Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) document that was issued before March 18, 2020.

Woman looks at the scoreboard at the airport. Select a country Canada for travel or migration.

Important: You are exempt if you are a temporary worker who is already in Canada, or if you have made arrangements to come to Canada before the travel restrictions were put into place. All you have to do is identify yourself before boarding your flight. You will be more likely to be accepted into Canada if you are working in industries like:

  • Agriculture
  • Food processing
  • Transportation
  • Health
  • Emergency Services

It is confirmed by the IRCC that all temporary foreign workers, international students and approved permanent residents will be accepted into Canada during this travel ban. Before Your Flight make sure you have the proper documents like a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) as proof of your legal status in Canada.

Pages: 1 2