There’s tons of good news for people in the Express Entry pool for immigration to Ontario. The Government of Ontario has announced that the NOI (Notification of Interest) for the candidates on the express entry pool will now be sent on a weekly basis. This particularly refers to people who are eligible for the HCP (Human Capital Priorities) scheme. The HCP scheme is a popular and sought after scheme under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. So, if you are in the Express entry pool here’s what you need to do:
First delete your old profile and make a new one. Making anew profile will enhance the prospective applicant’s chances and make it easier for the officials to identify you.
Upon being identified, the successful applicants will be awarded an additional 600 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and will automatically reach the front of the line of applicants. The Invitation to Apply for permanent residency will then be issued that will subsequently be a part of the draw from the pool.
As mentioned earlier, this only holds valid for candidates who fall under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream. The eligibility criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- Applicants must have an existing profile in the express entry pool, with a minimum score of 400 points under the CRS. The score must be 400 or above during the nomination processing stage as well as during the federal application for permanent residency process stage.
- The eligible candidates must have the minimum work experience level. For applicants applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, it is mandatory to have a minimum of one year of fulltime and continuous experience, or an equivalent part time employment. This must be in a National Occupation Classification level 0, A or B in 5 years prior to the issuing of the notification of interest. For candidates applying under the Canadian Express Class, a minimum of 1 year of full time and cumulative experience is mandatory, or an equivalent part-time experience. This must be in a National Occupation Classification 0, A or B occupation in Canada, in the 3 years prior to the date of issuing of the notification of interest.
- The eligible candidates must have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree or an Educational Credential Assessment report by any of the designated institutes stating that the foreign education credentials are equivalent.
- The candidates must be able to demonstrate French or English language skills meeting the Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or higher in all 4 levels- listening, reading, speaking and writing.
- The candidates must be able to prove their intention of residing in Ontario.
- The eligible candidates must be able to produce proof of sufficient funds to cover settlement costs.
- Must meet the specific criteria under the Federal Skilled Worker Class or Canadian Express Class.
Upon issuing of the Notification of Interest, a candidate must register within 6 months on the online application system and duly submit the application. After registration, the application must be submitted within 14 days.
All candidates in the express entry pool definitely have a reason to rejoice and celebrate. Immigration to Ontario, Canada is a great step towards enhancing the quality of life and securing a great future for yourself and your loved ones.