What is a Working Holiday Visa

A Working Holiday Visa is also known as International Experience Canada (IEC). You are not required to have a job before moving to Canada to obtain this type of visa. However, this is a good way to migrate to Canada if you are looking to move to the country.

It is made for people between the ages 18-35 years of age who live in one of these 30 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and United Kingdom. If you are accepted into this type of program, you will have 20 days to obtain your working permit.

When to Apply

Canada allows a high number of applications for this program from each of the above countries, and interestingly, United Kingdom already has 2,610 spots used out of their 5,000 spots for the year of 2017 (and it is only January). Hence, if you are from the United Kingdom and willing to migrate to Canada in the year 2017 you should get your application in now.

How to Be a Candidate

The first step for obtaining a Working Holiday Visa is to apply. If you meet the requirements, you will get a reference code which you will need to put into your MyCIC account to create your account.

Then you build your IEC profile and submit it. When submitting your IEC profile, you will enter into pools that you want to be in for Canada immigration. Then you wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). Once you get an invitation, you will have 10 days to request a work permit or decline the ITA.