Those immigrating to Canada and wishing to live in Alberta can apply under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). The Alberta Express Entry stream is one of the “enhanced” nomination streams, which means it is directly linked to the federal Express Entry system. Successful candidates who receive a provincial nomination from The Province of Alberta are awarded an additional 600 points toward their CRS score. Recipients of this award are therefore given a greater chance to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
To receive a notification of interest from The Province of Alberta, candidates create an Express Entry profile and indicate that they are interested in settling permanently in Alberta. There are a few minimum requirements for the Alberta Express Entry Program.
All applicants for this program must meet the following:
- Possess a valid Express Entry profile in the IRCC Express Entry system.
- Stated an interest to immigrate to The Province of Alberta.
- Work in a field that supports Alberta’s economic development.
- Have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of at least 300.
There are also a few things that have been identified as those that will increase your chances of receiving a Notice of Interest from Alberta. They include:
- Have a job offer in Alberta or work experience in the province,
- Are a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution,
- Have a parent, child, or sibling who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen living in Alberta.