Applying for the P.E.I Skilled Worker Stream
This stream is available to candidates who have employment offers in Prince Edward Island. Candidates need to meet the following criteria to qualify;
- They must provide proof of intention to settle in Prince Edward Island.
- Must have an offer for full-time employment in Prince Edward Island. The job offer must be for a skill level 0, A, or B according to the National Occupation Classification
- Must provide proof that they have enough settlement funds
- Must have completed post-secondary education with at least 14 years of formal education
- Must have proficiency in French or English
- Should be at least 21 but not over 55 years of age
- Must have two or more years’ full-time work experience in the past five years.
How to Apply
The purpose of this stream is to deal with the issue of labour shortages in Prince Edward Island. It seeks to solve the challenge of labour shortages in certain areas including;
- Truck drivers
- Housekeeping attendants
- Customer service representatives
- Food and beverage servers
Successful candidates must have been in the job for a minimum of two years in the past five years. They must have a valid Canadian work permit. They must have 6 months of work experience working in the Prince Edward Island business and providing employment. They need a high school diploma and at least 12 years of formal education.
The Business Impact Category
Work Permit Stream
Candidates who apply under the PEI Work Permit Stream need to have a work permit. They must work along with Prince Edward Island immigration officials as stated in the Performance Agreement. After the period is over, the applicant needs to invest at least $150, 000 in business. They must continue to run it within Prince Edward Island. Those who do not intend to operate their businesses on a daily business are not eligible.