In Canada, a foreign worker employed temporarily requires work permits. Although getting the work permit may take several weeks, there are other different options an individual may consider. These alternatives depend on their occupation, nationality, and the position of work s/he takes in Canada.

Closeup of Resume on Newspaper Career Opportunity Ad with people background

To travel to Canada for employment, foreigners require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). To obtain a temporary work permit worker, Canadian employers need to have an approval from the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) or an employment offer from the Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Foreign employees can be allowed to work in Canada after a series of procedures. They include:

An Employer’s Registration for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Approval

For a Canadian employer to hire foreign workers, s/he requires positive LMIA from ESDC. An LMIA approval is an indication that no permanent Canadian citizen is available to undertake the job. If the employer has a job opening in Quebec province, the foreign employee will require a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ), which is submitted to the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion (MIDI).

Pages: 1 2