- A work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) that authorizes them to work in Canada. This will be used to assess the performance record of the eligible candidates. Scrutiny will be conducted to determine the working relationship that the applicant has had with his/her employer. Only those with stainless work records will be picked; or
- Recently applied for a work permit renewal other than LCP. The applicant should show that they have been active in the renewal of various work permits. This gives brief information on the track record of the successful applicants in the relevant field of work; or
- Have excellent language skills with at least CLB/NCLC 5 in English or French. The applicants should have proficient communication skills to understand different aspects of work that they need to incorporate during work; and
- Recently applied for restoration in status, and has other work permits other than LCP as their recent work permit; and
- Worked full-time for more than 12 months in Canada in a relevant occupation and should have been in Canada since November 30. 2014. This gives the applicant an upper-hand because he/she knows the traditions of Canada and what is needed of him/her.
- A Canadian equivalent educational diploma, certificate or any other credentials that are recognized by the Canadian regulatory board Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). The applicants should have an excellent educational background and should be highly-trained in the relevant field of work. Besides, this ensures that professionals who’ll boost Canada’s economy are given preference. It also ensures that Canada is enriched with individuals who exceptional talent.
Candidates who obtained educational credentials outside Canada are also eligible to apply as long as they have proof that they have applied to get an ECA. The proof paper should include the details of the agency through which they have submitted a request to get an ECA. Receipts of payments are also accepted