Every applicant must have at least a high school diploma. If they received their education outside of Canada, they must get a report confirming that their level of education is equal to a Canadian high school diploma. There are specific organizations where you can get the report.

Work Experience

All applicants must have work experience of not less than twelve months. They must have worked in Canada since November 30, 2014. They must have a valid work permit to work in Canada.

Language Requirements

Every applicant must demonstrate that they can speak, listen, read and write words in English and French. They do that by taking a test. There are four tests but you only need to take one of them per language. If you take two tests for the same language, the results of the second one will be used.

Status in Canada

All applicants must have a valid work permit. You may also apply for IPC if you have applied for restoration or extension of your expired permit. You do not qualify if your work permit is under the live-in program.

Apply for IPC if you have; the minimum work experience in the accepted job group, the required educational credentials, and valid status in Canada. It gives you a window of opportunity if you expected to qualify for permanent residence but failed.

According to the government of Canada, IPC is supposed to deal with the confusion that came when changes were made to the caregiver system. It also gives more newcomers a chance to live and work in Canada. It is important to note that IPC is not a replacement of the current Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs programs.

Pages: 1 2