Different immigration programs favor different people. For some of these programs, such as those in human capital priorities stream, candidates can apply without ever been in the country. In other cases the applicant needs to have a job offer to be accepted or meet certain educational qualification such as the Masters Graduate Stream Program.
Types of PNPs
- Base PNPs- these programs operate independently within the province such as Employer Job Offer category.
- Advanced PNPs- these programs invite candidates who have expressed interest through the Express Entry System such as the Ontario Express entry Streams.
Express Entry Programs
The express entry program allows for direct nomination by the federal government. Candidates applying through the program don’t require nominations at the province level. Through this program, the government gets to select the top candidates who can thrive best on the country’s labor market. For this reason, candidates applying for express entry have to meet certain skill set and should qualify for either of these programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
Once the individual register into the express entry program, the system scores them based on certain factors such as age, education, work experience and languages among others. The top candidates from. These scores are, therefore, eligible for permanent residence through regular Express Entry draws.