July 2, 2016
In this post we’re going to show you (in 5 simple steps) How you can successfully apply for a Canadian Work Permit and How to Apply for A Job in Canada (for overseas applicants)
Step 1: How to Get Canadian Employers Interested in You
- Prepare a professional Resume that will focus on your details skills, credentials, and abilities that are relevant to the next rung of your career ladder
- Make sure you List your qualifications in a presentable manner.
- Focus on your skills and achievements.
– This is all necessary to grab the attention of Canadian Employers!
Your Resume is one of the most important tools in your job search.
The professional resume attracts the attention of an employer by assuring them that you meet the requirements for their open position.
A poorly constructed resume or one that doesn’t place the proper focus on your abilities can very easily get you disqualified by The Canadian Hiring Managers.
The CV, or the “Resume”, as we call it in North America, is the “Silent Salesman” for a job applicant, giving insight into the candidate’s unique abilities.
We here, at ASKMigration.com understand that making a Resume requires special skills that not everyone possesses.
That is why we are providing a FREE Canadian Resume Template and a Cover Letter Template at our website
Step 2: Where to find employment in Canada
Finding employment in Canada is the KEY to Migration.
At ASKMigration.com we feature thousands of Links to Job Vacancies from major Canadian Employers where you can apply for a Temporary/Permanent Job in Canada.
Our Website has 1000’s upon 1000’s of links to new Canada vacancies added each day, and with thousands of job vacancies available at: http://askmigration.com/jobs there’s bound to be one for you.
There is also a list included of some of the most reputable recruitment agencies for you to search for positions, as well as some prominent companies in Canada for you to do some research on, who have their own careers section on their websites so that you may apply directly.
Through doing this, you will be tapping into the hidden job market in Canada, and you should aim to spend equal amounts of time applying for jobs both through our links on our own website (that’s www.askmigration.com) where new jobs are added daily, and also through your own research, applying directly to companies in your field.
Step 3: How to Get a Job Offer (LMIA) that is validated by HRSDC
What can YOU do to Assist your Potential Employer in making the decision to hire you?
- You will need to confirm that the position offered is skilled and the employer has been advertised the position in Canada, prior to considering an overseas candidate (such as you)
- You will also need to let him know that you are strongly determined to relocate to Canada for work and that you already possess the knowledge and the documents required to successfully apply for a Work Permit, once the employer has decided to consider you for the position
Canadian Employers hire thousands of temporary workers with specific skills every year..
Employers who wish to hire temporary foreign workers must first apply to Service Canada for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (L.M.I.A)
The Labour Market Impact Assessment commonly: (LMIA), assesses the impact the foreign worker would have on Canada’s labour market or, in other words, how the offer of employment would likely affect Canadian jobs.
Your Potential Employer will need a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment to hire you as a temporary foreign worker.
You fill need to obtain a copy of the positive Labour Market Impact Assessment in order to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a work permit.
What else can you do in order to help a Canadian Employer make a decision to hire you ?
Common concerns of Canadian Companies while reviewing Resumes of foreign workers have been well documented in the past…
– You will need to communicate to the Potential Employer that you understand the Magnitude of his/her responsibility, when considering Foreign Workers.
– You should also point-out that as a foreign worker, you are prepared to perform all of your duties with great determination, much like a native Canadian employee, not less because of your sheer determination and ambition to succeed in this new Economy, and make a statement for yourself.
Step 4: How to Complete the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Application
This application form should be used by your employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) to hire temporary foreign workers under the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Formal Training (NOC C and D).
The application can be downloaded from the link that should appear now at the bottom of the screen, and all other required documents must be submitted to Service Canada.
Please note that there are Certain occupations like Athletes, coaches , Aviation engineers, Businessmen Judges, Religious workers & similar, that are exempt from having to apply for work permit..
Step 5: How to complete the Application for Work Permit
A current copy of the Application for Work Permit can be downloaded from SERVICE CANADA, -the link should be appearing at the bottom of the screen now, and it is for people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who wish to work temporarily in Canada.
A work permit is issued if the application is accepted.
All applicants must complete and sign their own individual form, including persons traveling as a family.